This weekend was my 25th high school reunion! I didn't go, but my brave friend Misty did. Doesn't she look great!!! She is still cute, tall, thin, and as sweet as ever...and such a godly woman (I love that about her!) I met up with her today for some coffee, lunch, and lots of laughs (and a few tears). No matter how much times lapses between our visits we still are as comfortable with one another today as we were when we hung out in our bedrooms as teenagers-and we still can talk as much too.Life has changed a lot these last 25 years. Misty got married, moved to Ohio, lost her brother, had two beautiful daughters, lost her father and just recently lost her mother. I went to college, got married, moved to Ohio (the same town Misty was in!) moved back to IN, had two wonderful boys, and three years ago lost my grandmother, and sister.
We spent our day looking at reunion pictures on-line, courtesy of wifi at Starbucks, and at Misty's Facebook page. I could not believe how my classmates have changed...I mean, I haven't changed a bit, what's up with them! Ha! We also visited my sister's grave. It may seem odd to do this, but Misty has always given me that "brave nudge" when I needed it. I had told her how difficult it was for me to visit Lori's grave, but having her there with me made it easier.

Thanks Misty for such a great day! Thank you Mark and Emma for waiting on her all day:) God willing, I will see you Saturday January 30, 2010!
2 comments:
What a glorious day. Look at you living life...I love to see this. You look great too!!
Foxy Mamas!! LOL What a great day together!
I love that at Starbucks neither one of us wanted to get up to go to the restroom for fear the other would say they would have to leave. Of course when we finally did get up we continued on thanks to our gracious families who were willing to let us have a whole day to ourselves. Who knew 10 1/2 hours could fly by!
It is true that we have both experienced the loss of loved ones over the last several years, but I have been thankful that our friendship is there as a comfort. God is good!
Holly is the one friend in my life that needs no explanation to understand where God has brought me from and His work of Grace in my life!
I will always be there to hold her hand and be that "brave nudge". I just can't do roller coasters anymore and I promise to keep it safe!
Now we can encourage one another on in the Lord!
I too am looking forward to Jan. 30th. Mark offered that we make it an overnight. We'll talk:) Tell Todd & the boys thanks for letting me have you all day long.
Post a Comment