Here is "Chili" and Evan. Chili was inducted last year and gave Evan his pin at this year's induction to National Honors Society. His hair has been shaved because he is going to State for the swim team.
Evan worked extremely hard to get this award and I am so happy for him. He said to me the other night that he felt so blessed this year and knew that God was the one that has made it all happen...I love that he acknowledges His Savior with his accomplishments!
The candle lighting ceremony. The blond girl in the suit is Desire's (Graham's girlfriend) sister Destinie.
I told Evan's girlfriend Lizzy that Evan better not back up or he would be into the flames behind the podium and she said, "He better not stand too close, period, with all that gel in his hair!" Ha! Love that girl!
Here is Lizzy and Evan after the ceremony.
Grandpa and Grandma Kay were there. Mammy would've been there in a heartbeat and hated missing it but sleet, ice and rain were headed our way and she has been feeling under the weather all week:( Get well Mammy...Fripp Island in one month!
Our sweet boy! Daddy, he is taller than you now!
In the main hallway of the school is a bulletin board with all of the seniors pictures and where they are headed after graduation. I took a picture of our star...Evan! So proud of the man you have become and we feel so privileged that God trusted us to raise and love you.
1 comment:
That is awesome and a true accomplishment. I remember when our girl made it...do they still keep it a secret? It's a very big deal...hooray for Evan!! I always loved that bulletin board and when we moved I started the tradition. I love that Evan loves Jesus and gives him the thanks...that is wisdom.
Post a Comment