Sunday, June 17, 2012

a day for father's :)

Happy Father's Day, Todd!!
Yep, the boys are officially taller than their dad!
The guys are packing up their clubs and are headed to the golf course.
Have a great game, guys!
While they played golf, I headed over to see my dad!
He was busy out back watering the yard and putting together
his Father's Day gift from two years ago.

A hammock!!
He is the hardest working man I know.
He never ever just sits and relaxes...sooo,
I am hoping he uses this!!
While he was putting his hammock together I took pictures.
(shocker I know)
This is a shot of their new pool house.
The backyard used to consist of the pool and some cement and cement pavers.
My brother and nephew pulled up all of the pavers, extended and painted the fence,
built the pool house, planted the sod, layed rock and planted new plants.
What a difference it made!!
It really is soooo relaxing and open now.
Mom's birdbath/fountain.
The birds LOVE it!
Mom's flowers.
 Outside of the backyard fence are beautiful hydrangea's, knock out roses and lilies!
All of my favorite colors!!

 Black Eyed Susan's and Cone flowers
I remember when I was a little girl my sister and I used to dance in this side yard to
Sammy Davis Jr.'s song "The Candy Man Can"!
I also used to play Barbies out here for hours :)
More hydrangeas!!
Blue, pink and white...mom's got them all!
In this side yard I used to do gymnastics.
I would tumble for hours!!
Well, it looks like he is ready to get comfortable.
Let's hope that he doesn't tumble right off of there!
He did it!
He wanted to see if it truly was a hammock built for two!
And it is!
But, before I say good-bye, I just want to say...

...visor, headband, ripped paint covered cut-off shorts, 1978 YMCA racquetball t-shirt and all
that's my dad and I LOVE HIM!!
Happy Father's Day, Dad!

4 comments:

Ellen Hite said...

Mom and Pops look like newlyweds themselves in these pics. Two years to put together a fathers day present. Now I know where Troy gets it. Hopefully he will use it some if he stops long enough. And we got new new shorts and shirts for birthday and FD - but he will not use them to work in, I'll bet. They will be good for Fripp, though.

Anonymous said...

...wonderful post and pics, Holly! Don't know how you do it all! You're a "Super-Woman"!! :) Hugz 2 U, my friend! ~L.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! The backyard looks awesome! I hope we have time to see if in person when we come back in August! Loved the flowers, great pics!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Great pics honey. A lot of hard work, hours, and hours but well worth it. All that is really left is the bar to cover the pump but that will probably be next summer. Dad needs a rest. Just wish we had some rain so the grass didn't look so dead. Thanks for coming over. It made his day and mine. Love you so much, Mom

Post a Comment