Tuesday, August 28, 2012

it's our silver!

25 year anniversary!

August 29, 1987
Alan Todd and Holly Ann
got married!!!
 
I had to scan most of the older pictures so they look a little funny but
here is a little glimpse into our last 25 years.
 
 
Our engagement picture.
Don't you just love the "80's hair"!
Mine is big (and looks very dark in this picture)
 and Todd's is business in the front, party in the back! lol!
 
I have many pictures of us but picked the one's that were "milestones"
in our 25 years together :)
 
 
This was taken after our first year of marriage.
 
To be completely honest, this is the year we should celebrate.
Because that one year felt like 25 years!
But, I am so thankful that we had enough love for each other and faith in our marriage to
make it to this milestone!
 
 
 
Our 10 year anniversary in NEW YORK, NY!!
That was the most romantic trip!
 
 
Our first trip together to FRIPP ISLAND, SC!
I remember we talked about having a home there someday...
I love making dreams together, working hard and waiting on God's timing to make them come true :)
 
 
15 years
This picture was taken on a cruise that we took with the boys and Todd's parents.
 
 
And...
the most recent picture taken at Alan and Kiely's wedding.
 
You took such good care of me that day.
While my mother was being seated by our boys, 
(where my sister would have set)
you didn't even have to turn around and look at me.
You simply reached in your pocket, grabbed your hankie and
placed it on my lap.
You knew what I was feeling inside...it's the little things :)
 
We were 23 and 21 years old when we got married!
We had two boys by the time we were 32 and 30.
And now we are headed into another season of our marriage which
again, I will be honest...I AM EXCITED ABOUT!!
 
I have loved parenting by your side, but am rather excited to see what
God has planned for our marriage during the upcoming "empty nest" season!
 
I truly could not imagine my life without you in it, Mr. McMullen!
Thank you for making me Mrs. McMullen all of those years ago!
 

4 comments:

Ellen Hite said...

Happy Anniversary, McMullins. 25 years is quite the milestone. And we all have to recount those vows that we take - sometimes daily. But in the end it is the "two become one" that is important. It starts out that way and it ends that way. Everything in between is called "life". Love, Ellen

Mel said...

Well said, Ellen! And, Holly, congrats to the two of you! It is a blessing to have your family in our lives. Much love to you! May God bless you both in your next 25!! Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog. Brought tears to my eyes right after the one year photo. What an incredible example of love and devotion. Holly you are ONE VERY SPECIAL LADY. As is anyone who is standing by your side. Love, Lindsay

holly said...

thanks everyone!!! love you all :)

Post a Comment