Praises for the week!!!
(Karen and Tom talking to my parents at the phhs homecoming parade)
On Thursday September, 20
I thought that this might have been the last picture that I would take of Tom.
PRAISE GOD THAT IT WASN'T!!
Tom was taken by ambulance to St. Vincent because he was working down in our basement when his leg went numb and he knew something was not right.
He walked home, called 911 and then Karen at work...smart guy!
It was over an hour later when he was flown by life line helicopter to St. Vincent heart hospital because of a perforated aorta.
This was the reason why his leg was blocked of blood flow...the piece of the aorta descended and blocked flow to his right leg.
He was in surgery for six and half very nerve wracking hours.
I prayed for God to save him and his leg.
I got to see him before he went in and told him that I loved him and he replied,
"Love you too, hon. Take care of those boys!"
These were very kind and loving words but,
I prayed that they would not be the last words that he spoke to me.
Fast forward to today, Sunday...
He is healing, walking, and ALIVE!!
PRAISE GOD!
(Also, thank you God for my friend Amy for being right there in the background lining up doctors and having OR nurses reporting back to her via cell phone! She is my "go to gal" in times of crises! And, she is going to be THE best nurse!!! It's her calling FOR SURE!)
My other praise...
When all that was happening back home with Tom on Thursday,
Graham and I were at the same St. V's that Tom would be taken to just an hour later.
Graham had a CT scan with contrast to rule out a tear in his hip cartilage.
He did NOT have a tear!!!
He does, however, have excessive inflammation around his hip flexor.
But that can be treated with medication.
THANK YOU GOD, FOR YOU ARE MY ROCK AND THE GIVER OF UNDESERVING GRACE!!!!!
I am so glad that I can always turn to my Lord and Savior...my unchanging ROCK!
1 comment:
As always "Thank you, Jesus!"
Post a Comment