Thursday, May 23, 2013

spring break '13

 
This post is a bit late because some of the pictures I wanted to put in it were
also used in a photo book and canvas pictures for Mammy for Mother's Day.
 
We had our break the last week in March...and I was so ready to get out of
Pendleton because there was a SNOW storm coming!
 
I had the dogs groomed by Lindsay and this is how they looked after I picked them up.
So CUTE!
Doug

Vladimir
 

My furry boys!
 
 
This is when we were packing up...they are ready for some WARMTH
 
 and ready for to ride on the golf cart!
 
 
My beautiful Fripp Island...
Here we come!
 
 
The Fripp Bridge!
 
 
It was not very warm...but it was SAND not SNOW so I wasn't complaining!
 
Poor Doug, he didn't like the wind and pelting sand...who would!

But of course, it didn't bother Vladimir!!
He loved having all of that room to run after being in a car overnight for 12 hours!

It felt good to play some "b-ball" too!
(Graham, Lizzy, Sarah and Sophie)
 
Lizzy is lovin' on Sarah and Sophie's dog, Scooby!
 
Here is Lizzy practicing her serve while
Uncle Troy looks on.

Sophie taking a lesson from her Daddy.


Lizzy is on the other court playing a practice match getting ready for
her tennis season.
 
There was one day where all the kids did was play board games.
Graham said it was one of the best days ever!
He hasn't played many games since Pappaw died...that was our FAVORITE thing to do :(
 
So they started out on our family room floor playing Life.
Then they had some lunch while playing the new Clue game.
 
While they played Todd worked on the fans on the porch.
 
We then went over to Troy and Theresa's and had dinner and
played a little Wii...
...and a whole lot of MONOPOLY!
Aunt Theresa won...she LOVES to play any kind of game and
she was having a blast :))
 
The next day we went out to take our Mother's Day surprise pictures.
We went on a nature trail that I'd never been on and it led out to another
part of the ocean I'd never seen...I loved it!
 
Here are a BUNCH of pictures that I took for Mammy's book...
 
Oh, but while we were waiting on the girls I snapped some of
Evan and Lizzy :)
 




 
We started out at Davis Love Bridge...
 





 
...and then moved to the beach.
 

It was super bright and windy and we didn't like that we were getting a view of the houses
behind us, so we took off to the nature trail.









Just had to take a moment and take a picture of my favorite oak and moss trees!
Meanwhile, still on the trail...
 


...and then we came out to the ocean at low tide!









 
 
And of course I had to take some of
Evan and Lizzy :)
 






 
I also took some views of the island from a new vantage point.
 




 
ahhh...makes me happy, happy, happy!
 

 
These two will be going back and finishing up their Senior Year :)
 
Theresa, thank you for the great idea for the Mother's Day gift and for all of your hospitality!
 
Bye for now...
 
...until this summer.
I can't wait!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment